- How to Find the Best Hand Meat Grinder - January 23, 2022
- How to Find the Best Jerky Making Kit - January 23, 2022
- How to Find the Best Sheep Casings for Meat - October 24, 2021
Everyone loves a good rib. However, barbecuing a prime rib is a science that requires precision from start to finish. It can take hours and even a few days to get that perfect rib, and anything that makes this process easier is always welcomed.
If you have a backyard grill or smoker, you might think you have all you need. However, a rib rack is a must-have piece of equipment. For one, it allows you to cook multiple racks of ribs at once, taking full advantage of the space in your smoker. In essence, a rib rack holds your prized ribs in an elevated position, allowing excess fats and liquid to drain off.
So in this guide, we will cover everything you need to know about rib racks, including how to use and take care of them. We will also give you 7 suggestions of the best rib racks for smokers currently available on the market.
By the end of this article, we hope you will be well on your way to getting the best rib rack for your barbeque.
At a Glance: 7 Best Rib Racks for Smoker
|Name||Dimensions||Best for||Weight||More Info|
|SOLIGT 304 Rib Rack||16.1” by 9.69” by 3.9.”||Cooking in a large smoker||1.65lbs||Find out more|
|Mountain Grillers BBQ Rib Rack||13.03” by 10.55” by 4.49.”||Easy cleaning||15.4oz||Find out more|
|Sorbus Barbecuing Rib Rack||11.5” by 9.75” by 3.25.”||Slow cooking||1.23lbs||Find out more|
|Weber 6605 Rib Rack||13.2” by 8” by 3.5.”||Sturdy construction||1lb||Find out more|
|LINELAX BBQ Rib Rack||11.5” by 9.75” by 3.25.”||Fitting all grills and smokers||15.2oz||Find out more|
|Premiala Stainless Steel Rib Rack||12” by 11.5” by 3.”||Cooking multiple rib racks at once||1.65lbs||Find out more|
|Urban Deco Smoking Grill Rib Rack||14.65” by 10.71” by 4.57||Professional rib cooking||2.33lbs||Find out more|
A good rib rack will raise your barbecuing game to the next level. We have gone through hundreds of racks available on the market to pick 7 of the top. All the racks on our list have the following features:
- Food-grade Construction: the rib racks on our list are made from quality materials. Many are made from stainless steel or steel alloy. This is rust- and heat-resistant material and so will ensure the safety of your food.
- Versatility: It’s important that the rib rack you purchase can fit properly on your smoker. The rib racks on this list can fit perfectly on any small to large smoker or grill.
- Hygienic: We have selected rib racks that are easy to clean and keep hygienic. All of them can be easily hand-washed, and some can handle a dishwasher cycle without breaking apart.
Reasons to Buy a Rib Rack for Smoker
Maximize Grill Space
Smokers and grills do not have infinite space. So if you have to make enough ribs for multiple people, cooking them all at once can get tricky. A rib rack allows you to compactly grill multiple racks of full ribs on your smoker. Some are big enough to hold other meat and even corn while you cook your ribs.
The rib rack design is optimized for high-quality cooking. A rack will hold your ribs upright, preventing any flopping that can leave some parts undercooked. Another great feature is the space between the rungs of the rack. This ensures the heat and smoke from the smoker penetrates equally to the front and back of each rack of ribs, so all sides cook to your liking.
Rib racks are made from a quality, food-grade material. This means a good rack will not leach harmful chemicals into your food. Additionally, the slats of a rib rack can be completely vertical or slightly angled. This allows excess grease to drain off, so your meat is juicy without having unnecessary fats.
Tips for Using a Rib Rack for Smoker
When grilling using a smoker, you will have the ribs on the fire for a long time. To ensure your meat does not burn after a few minutes, place the side with the bones facing the fuel chamber of your smoker. Put the meaty side in this position when the cooking is almost done, so your meat is perfect.
The best ribs are the perfect balance of tender and juicy. When slow cooking, baste the sides with your preferred mix. This ensures that your ribs do not dry out and are flavorful by the time you are done.
A good rib rack has enough space for you to lift and place back a full rack without overturning and casting your meat into the coals. Turn the ribs around in the rack to ensure all sides cook to your liking.
7 Best Rib Racks for Smoker
1. SOLIGT 304 Rib Rack
First on our list is the 304 rib rack from SOLIGT. This rib rack has thousands of positive reviews, and for a good reason. The Soligt 304 Rib Rack is great when barbecuing for family and friends as it is extra long, designed to fit a large smoker or grill. If you have an 18-inch smoker or a larger Kamado grill, then this rib rack will be a great option for you.
The 304 Rib Rack can hold 3 full racks of ribs separately, so they do not stick together and become undercooked in some sections. In addition, the ribs are held in a vertical orientation to ensure maximum airflow for more even smoking.
This rack gets its name from the 304 stainless steel it is made from. Not only is the material rust-resistant, but it is also heat-resistant. This means it will not warp under high cooking temperatures. In addition, it features handles at the sides so you can easily take hold of it. So not only are you getting great ribs from this rack, but you are also guaranteed safe operation.
- Made from food-safe 304 stainless steel.
- Designed for large smokers and grills.
- Steadily constructed, so it does not warp under high heat.
- It holds ribs separately, so they cook evenly.
- Has side handles for safe operation.
- It takes a long time to clean.
- It can be hard to get ribs out if they expand while cooking.
2. Mountain Grillers BBQ Rib Rack
If you are looking for a rib rack that will cook enough ribs for the extended family and then some, then look no further than the Mountain Grillers Standing BBQ Rib Rack. This rib rack is designed to hold up to 5 full racks of ribs. It has enough space to hold them separately and with space in-between. This allows proper air and smoke circulation so that your ribs cook evenly on all sides.
The handles on either end make it easy for you to safely handle the rack even when it is hot.
The Mountain Grillers BBQ Rack is made from stainless steel, making it a very durable rib rack that will last you years. It is also resistant to warping, which can be caused by high heat. It has a non-stick coating so that your meat does not stick to the metal partitions. This also makes it easy to clean, whether you hand wash or use a dishwasher.
- Designed to hold up to 5 full racks of ribs.
- It holds ribs upright and separates for even cooking.
- Made from food-grade stainless steel.
- Nonstick coating makes it easier to clean.
- Comes with handles for safe handling.
- Part of larger ribs will hang over the wires of the rack.
3. Sorbus Barbecuing Rib Rack
For everyone who loves to slow cook their ribs for hours in the smoker, then the Sorbus Barbecuing Rack will be good for them. This is a stainless steel rib rack that is designed to endure high heat levels. It is also durable, meaning it will go with you even on the toughest hikes and camping trips to ensure you get tender, juicy ribs.
The Sorbus Rib Rack is coated with porcelain. This is a food-grade material that gives this rack non-stick properties. As a result, it is easy to get your ribs off the rack without worrying about losing some of that well-cooked outer skin.
This rib rack can hold up to 4 full racks of baby back ribs upright. There is enough space between the slats to ensure that all sides of your ribs are cooked to perfection. The ribs will be held upright in your smoker, leaving enough space to cook extra food and even more meat in the smoker. The handles on the sides make sure you can hold and turn the rib rack safely even while it is hot.
- Wide and long enough to hold 4 full racks of ribs.
- Enough space between the slats to guarantee even cooking.
- Porcelain coating ensures food does not stick to the wires.
- Ideal for slow cooking because it does not warp under heat.
- Suitable for larger smokers and grills.
- Full slabs of ribs might hang off the ends of the rack.
- The non-stick coating might wear off and chip.
4. Weber 6605 Rib Rack
The Weber 6605 Rib Rack is one of the best on this list. It combines the best of all worlds: solidly constructed, spacious, and big enough to suit any type of big smoker or grill. If you already have a Weber series 200 or 2000 grill or a smoker or grill around 18 inches, then the Weber 6605 will be perfect.
It is made from a steel alloy that makes it have heat-resistant properties. So you can comfortably slow cook your ribs at high temperatures using any type of fuel without the fear of your rack warping.
You can easily make enough food for the whole family on the Weber 6605. Instead of cooking a rib rack at a time, you can fit five racks. Loading it properly will give you enough space to turn the ribs around while they cook. And when you are done, you can choose to hand wash or dish wash it.
- Constructed from a solid steel alloy that is rust- and heat-resistant.
- It is sturdy, so it does not tip over even when cooking larger ribs.
- Suitable for both large and small smokers and grills.
- It holds the ribs vertically so excess fat can drain off.
- Easy to clean to maintain food hygiene.
- Use nonconsecutive racks so you can baste while cooking.
5. LINELAX BBQ Rib Rack
This is a rib rack for all smokers and grills, making it a good fit for all occasions. The Linelax Rib Rack is designed for those barbecue afternoons with your family. With enough capacity for 4 full racks of ribs at a go, you can make full use of your smoker or grill.
The Linelax rib rack is made from stainless steel. This is a quality material that is food-grade, so it will not leach harmful chemicals into your food. This way, you can barbecue great ribs while also keeping your loved ones healthy.
Steel is a strong metal that is extremely heat-resistant. The rack will not warp under high heat. This makes it suitable for slow-cooking your food. It can fit into a variety of smokers and grills. It is also easy to wash and is dishwasher safe.
- High-quality construction.
- Can grill several rib racks at a go.
- Fits even small smokers and grills.
- Easy to keep clean for food hygiene.
- Has side handles for safe handling.
- It is not nonstick, so the meat can be difficult to remove from wires.
- The rack is not weighted and can tip over if heavy ribs are placed in it.
6. Premiala Stainless Steel Rib Rack
The Premiala Rib Rack can fit up to 6 full racks at one go. This makes it the largest rib rack on our list. You can easily remove the rack from your smoker using the handles at each end.
This rib rack is made from non-magnetic stainless steel. It’s also coated with premium nickel to make it nonstick. Basting an individual rack of ribs is also very simple on the Premiala Rib Rack. The 3.7cm of space between the rungs is big enough for you to fit a baster and keep your ribs juicy.
What makes the Premiala Rib Rack unique is a temperature probe holder at one end. This makes checking the temperature of your ribs easier than ever, so you can get evenly cooked meat. The Premiala rack guarantees you high-quality ribs that are great-tasting and good for your health.
- Large enough to fit 6 full racks of baby back ribs.
- Spacious enough for easy basting.
- Has a temperature probe holder for easy temperature checking.
- Coated with quality nickel to give it non-stick properties.
- Stainless steel construction makes it rust- and heat-resistant.
- Space between rungs may not be enough to prevent touching once heat causes the ribs to swell.
- Longer ribs may not fully fit on the rack.
7. Urban Deco 2-Pack Smoking Grill Rib Racks
The final item on our list is a pair of rib racks from Urban Deco. These racks are made from high-quality steel, which makes them very durable. They will take a lot of use without bending or warping under high heat. In addition, it has a non-stick coating that will ensure you enjoy all of your grilled meat.
Urban Deco’s 2-Pack Rib Rack is designed to hold 4 full baby back ribs on each rack. You can also cook more than ribs on the rack. Lamb chops, chicken wings, and steaks will easily fit on the rack. The fact that it comes in a pair means you can cook enough for family and friends with no hassle.
This rib rack will fit most smoker and grill brands. Its pair of handles on each end allows for safe operations. Ribs are held vertically, so that excess grease drains off. With these racks, you can comfortably smoke your ribs for hours and be assured that they will cook evenly.
- The racks fit 4 full lengths of ribs.
- Nonstick coating allows easy cleanup.
- Enough space between the rungs to ensure even airflow.
- Has handles for safe operation.
- The racks are lightweight.
- The non-stick coating may chip off with use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What type of fuel will the racks cook best on?
Answer: These racks are designed to fit both small and large smokers. They are suitable for slow cooking in both electric and gas smokers, as well as regular ovens.
Question: How do I clean stains from a rib rack?
Answer: To make cleaning your rib rack a breeze, soak it immediately in a mixture of warm water and dish soap. Hand wash with a brush and dish soap to remove the tougher grease stains.
Question: Will the racks cause a grease fire?
Answer: No. The racks are designed to hold ribs vertically, so any grease drops down. Place a baking sheet below the grilling area to prevent grease fire in gas smokers or grills.
Which is the Best Rib Rack for Smoker?
In our opinion, the Mountain Grillers BBQ Rib Rack is the best overall rib rack. It is lightweight enough to be portable but sturdy enough to handle jumbo ribs. The rack is made from stainless steel and is easy to clean, even when using a dishwasher. Its evenly-spaced racks will produce great-tasting ribs every time.
However, you will not go wrong with any of the rib racks on our list.